Friday, June 20, 2008

ROBOT


As a lot of you know Dane has a prosthetic leg.  Despite the difficulties it brings, there is also a lot of laughter with it.  For instance my nephew wanting a "peg leg" like his Uncle Dane or the other day as Dane was in the bathroom a little 6 yr old came up to him, (as he's peeing) and says "man, what happened to your leg" and went on for about 15 minutes.  Apparently he had just watched transformers and thought it was pretty cool.
Anyways, its hard to explain what has happened to nieces and nephews let alone the inquisitive 1st grader.  So, our story has become like this, dane didn't have good leg so the doctors had to get him a new one and we call it the "robot Leg".  Although it never just ends at that with the question after question of the little kids mind wanting to know more and more.  
So one day Dane visited my classroom with shorts on and the kids eyes are automatically just staring and wanting to know what was going on, but I of course tried to keep them working.  I walked Dane out then came back into the classroom with all of my ESL(english as a second language) students grouped into a cluster.  One of my favorite students came up to me, (obviously coerced by the rest of the group) and asked, "Mrs. Tidwell.... Is your husband really a ROBOT???"  I didn't know what to say, because I just had to hold the laughter in.... I was dying.  

5 comments:

Ty and Laura said...

M.T.
What a fun way to keep in touch! You guys look like you are having a fun summer. I am glad you finally made it back there with Dane. Hil's wedding was beautiful. They looked so happy and it was fun to be there. Hope all is well!

The Sutherland Family said...

Marion! How are you?! I saw your blog through Nicole's. Looks like you two are doing good. Where are you living? It was good to see you on the blog!

Mary Beck said...

mar, that is really quite a halarious story, I love it. Yea, you could get some pretty creative stories going with that! Have a good day!

Phillips Fam said...

Hey Marion, I found your blog through Ty's and wanted to say Hi. It's been so long!!

Kim said...

Atta girl joining the blogging world Ma-ron. I need to see you in person though soon, not just on the computer. Its been WAY too long