Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July FUN


I was sad I wasn't in R-Town for the 4th, but we still managed to have our fun out here.

A few of the wives went to a minor league baseball game out here.  The team was called the "Swamp Dogs" as we were sitting there, I was like, wow this is some serious white trash, but then I was reminded of Richfield and the derby ....

I couldn't look at not having fireworks on the 4th so  Dane and I found a place out here that had a big ol' celebration. 





 
Then we headed back home and Dane had some fireworks of his own (he had purchased them on his way out to NC without me of course) But i did love watching him be a little kid throwing flowers into the pond trying to blow up the frogs....

2 comments:

tiffany and darren said...

I am so glad you found us. I didn't even know you were married or lived in NC. How exciting!! How long will you be there? What is new with you and where are you headed next?

tiffany and darren said...

by the way... I am not teaching. It is pretty impossible to get a job out here. One district had 8 opening with 1,400 applicants. I went into education thinking I could get a job wherever we ended up and it's funny because we live in the one city in the U.S. where you can't get a teaching job. I work at the University where Darren is going to dental school.