Wednesday, January 7, 2009

BEDREST!?! What?? Why??

If any of you have thoughts similar to mine, you think of bedrest and know it happens to woman who are pregnant, but never think it will be YOU. . So we went in for a non stress test last week and didn't think much of it because it's usually the ultrasounds that scare us and we are prepared for bad news with.  
During my test, I was apparently having contractions every 1 and1/2 to 2 min. So they send us down to labor and delivery.  Now I knew I was having contractions, but I truly thought it was normal, (i mean i've never been pregnant before)  So making a long story short, weekend at the hospital, and a lot of drugs later I am finally home.  The doctors were worried because I dialated over night and with first pregnancy's  and 2 babies that worries them.  So now they think I have days before the babies come!!! Because even with all the med's I am still contracting, but they just sent me home on strict bed rest.
That was hard for me because I was supposed to go back to school on Monday, and I really do feel better when I am busy,but I guess the maternity leave came earlier than planned.
So now we just kind of sit and wait.  We had an ultrasound yesterday and one baby is 3.5 lbs and the other is 4 lbs.  So they're getting big!  We're just hoping I make it past 32 weeks!
Thank you to everyone for all the prayers, and my next apt is tommorow so we'll keep you all posted on how things go.

6 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

Oh how scary! I can't even imagine. we will be praying for you...3.5 and 4lb babies sound so small. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

MOM AND DAD said...

I am sooo excited for your mom and dad marion! Kimball and I are having a blast as nana and papa of cami and james' twins! Good luck and hang in there! Cindy Poulson

Sarah Ball said...

Hey I know you don't know me, but my husband, Devin said he knew you from snow. Anyway I was just looking at your blog and I know just what your going through. I was put on strict bed rest the day before we had our little boy. He was 9 weeks premature and weighed 3pounds. He spent a month in the hospital NICU and it was the hardest month but looking back now I wouldn't change anything. Amazing what blessings you receive, and eventhough it is hard to have a preemie it also made us even stronger. plus the technology these days, amazing what they can do. And I seriously think the best doctors and nurses in the industry work with the preemie babies, they are so great! anyway I just ran across your blog and it reminded me of where I was 4 months ago. Hopefully you can keep those babies in as long as possible. But if not you will be taken care of. Good luck with everything.

Scott & Christie Lamb said...

Ah the stress of sub plans!! I am so sorry but I hope all goes well! Love ya babe!

Mary Beck said...

Oh mar. I'm sorry! I hear bed rest is NO fun at all-- but on the bright side.. you are still pregnant.. and your babies are still growing!! Yes.. please please keep us posted.

Cami said...

I think about you everyday! sorry you are on bed rest but the longer you keep those babies in there the healthier they will be. hang in there, you've had quite the experience being pregnant! not only is this your first, but you are going to have 2 babies!! wow. you are a tropper. good luck we'll keep you guys in our prayers. Keep us updated, if you can. take care.