Friday, January 23, 2009

Little Miracles

   Dani  3lbs 11oz.... Jan 16th 8:44 pm
&
   Jaci    3 lbs 3oz..... Jan 16th 8:41 pm



They have arrived!!!! I wish you could all just see how precious and sweet these two little girls are.  As you can see from the picture we're gonna have a hard time tel
ling them apart.  They have tons of black hair, and are tintsy and so easy to love!
Now we'll tell a shortened version of why these ladies are here so early!.  I went in last friday for my routine ultrasound (my 3rd appt of the day) and as they were looking our little Jaci had no more fluid in her sack and Dani had tons!  So they said, well its time to deliver.  You need to have these babies in the next hour or two!  Ya, dane and I were both shaking pretty bad.  
What happens with no more fluid is they can't grow anymore, causes kidney failure, heart problems etc.
So I went down to labor and delivery.  I had been told about a week prior that I would have to have a c section because of all the complications with the girls (so yes, I was nervous without having a ton of knowledge of the procedure!)  But anyways, I had eaten only an hour before, so they strapped me with all the monitors and we waited until 8:30 that night to start everything.  I was so thankful to have Dane near me and want to be in the room, not to mention he was watching in amazement!  But Jaci came out first and I just remember Dane sayi
ng "I see her little fingers, its like she's reaching out for us"  So she came out great and Dane left me ALONE to go see her, then they got Dani out an
d the whole process was only like 30 min.  Quite amazing! I shortly got to see the girls, but they had to be rushed to ICU and they didn't let me see them until the next morning which I think is just cruel...  They were born at 32 weeks and 3 days, and are doing amazingly well.  They both breath on their own, and are taking their food.  We get to see them twice a day, and hold them for 30 min.  It's definately not my favorite, but I am thankful that they are improving every day and are such troopers!
We are now a happy family of 4!!!!!!!!!!





20 comments:

Mary Beck said...

MAR!!! Your story just made me cry! I AM SO SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Oh. what fun you're going to have with those two darling girls, and I love the names you picked.. super cute. And Im' just SO greatful you're all healthy and doing good. I'll call you when things get a little more settled so I can come up and see you. (and I still have your baby present!) CONGRATS

Bode & Taryn said...

Congrats! I hope they get to go home with you soon! I'm glad everything turned out ok. Taryn
P.S. I think they look like you!!

Katie Hodgkiss said...

Marrion- They look so cute. I am glad to hear they are doing much better and you are too. Miss you. CONGRATULATIONS

-j said...

Congratulations! I am so glad they both made it here safely and that you are also doing well.

Josh and Maddi Andersen said...

Marion!! Congrats! I am so happy for you guys!! Im glad everything is going well. Be sure to keep us posted on how everything is going and post lots of pictures!! :) They are so cute!

The Brindley's said...

CONGRATS! They are soo cute and I cannot believe how good you look already!! What? You had twins? I love the names too! So cute!!

Bagley Family said...

Marion!

I am so happy for you! They are adorable!! They are going to make the sweetest little friends for Nicole's baby. As soon as they'll let us visit them, Shelby and I will be up! Sheralyn Bagley

Katie McCaul said...

CONGRATS!!! THey look so cute and so so tiny. I am glad to hear you are all doing well...I bet that is so hard to not beable to hold them all the time, but they need to be in the ICU. Hopefully they will be home soon. Dane has his worked cut out for him two cute girls.

Cami said...

yeah you've joining the TWIN clan!!! I am so happy for you and dane. You are going to have so much fun with your two sweet girls. It's been so fun talking to you, hopefully I've helped a little but you are a tropper in my eyes. I can say.. from experience.. that it does get easier! you will forget about all the pain in a few short months! everything becomes a blur (I was told that by other moms with twins but now can say it myself!)
they are so precious and you are so blessed they they are inproving so well each day. YEAH FOR TWINS!
take care of yourself and have fun with those little ones.

The Workmans said...

Marion, congratulations on your new arrivals! They are so adorable and it sounds like they are strong little girls. I hope they continue to do well and that you can take them home soon. Congrats again!

Steve and McKenzie said...

Marion... Congratulations! They are so beautiful! I can't believe how tiny they are. I hope everything keeps going good and good luck with everything!

Chris & Jennie said...

Oh my goodness! They are so tiny and adorable! How fun for you guys -- congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well and that you have a happy and healthy family of 4!

Sarah Ball said...

They are just beautiful! and they will be home before you know it. I know it seems like this time will drag out forever but it goes by faster than you think. Take advantage of the help from the nurses and the training you get from them. I know what you mean about how cruel it is to not let you see them until the next day... that was the worst. Dev kept going to visit our baby but I was so sick I had to stay in bed and he would come back and tell me how perfect he was and it broke my heart that I couldn't go see him. You'll be in my thoughts, as I know exactly what your going through! This is the hardest part while they are in the hospital and you can't take them home, but soon you'll have those angels home and you can hold them as long as you want! I am so happy they got here safe and sound! they are so precious!

CoUrT.n.JuS said...

Marion, I can't belive you had twins you look great! I hope they will be able to come home soon, THey are so CUTE! IT is so amazing how babies Grow!!! I understand what you mean about scary c section. I had to have one after almost 22 hours of labor with Conner ( he will be 3 on Wednesday and then I had another c section with Cooper he will be 7 months on Tuesday) It is more scary with the 1st one I think? Idk there is so much emotion anyways! Hope all goes well, I will keep you in mind! Courtney Larsen (Shuman) (If you were wonderin)

tiffany and darren said...

I am so excited for you! You are such a trooper with 2 cute girls to show for it. Congrats!!

2skokie2 said...

Congrats on your cute baby girls. They are probably the tiniest babies i've ever seen.. oh. so cute! I hope all is well- Take lots of pics because you will forget how little they once were, they grow up so fast. Take Care-

Unknown said...

Wow! I thought my baby was little!!! 4 lbs 10 oz now sounds huge compared to Jaci and Dani (I love their names by the way). I'm so glad that they are doing well. They are gorgeous!!! Sydney isn't home right now but I can't wait to show her the pictures. Congratulations!!! You make a beautiful family! --Lynette Brown

tl said...

Marion-
Hey it's Teisha (Larsen) Fooks. I found your blog from Mary's. Your little girls are so adorable. Congratulations!I am so glad that they are doing so well.

Phillips Fam said...

Hey Mar, they are so cute. I can't believe how little they are and that is awesome how good they are doing. Wow! well good luck with everything.

The Barclay's said...

Marion,
COngratulations! What beautiful little babies..

Emily Barclay